I didn’t know if our science experiment was going to work or not due to our celery being very wilted when I remembered we had some left.
The purple food dye worked the best. I was amazed at how quickly and how much of the colour was in the leaves when we looked at it. The red food dye however didn’t do well at all but I think that was due to the celery.
Here are the pictures of the results. Tessa wanted to see the inside of the celery stalks so I sliced them all up so she could see.
The Blue Food Colouring
The Red Food Colouring
The leaves were dried out, crunchy and turning brown. No red colouring at all. And I didn’t bother to take pictures when we sliced it up because there was nothing visible of the red food colouring traveling through the celery. I think the celery was just to old by the time we did this experiment.
The Green Food Colouring
The leaves were much darker than all the rest but Tessa didn’t think it was because of the food colouring because she said it wasn’t the same colour of green! LOL
The Yellow Food Colouring
You couldn’t see any yellow in the leaves but they were definatly a brighter green then they were originally.
The Purple Food Colouring